Easterseals VT recognizes that some families formed by adoption or guardianship need support to be successful. A family’s needs usually change over time, along with the child’s development and the development of the family as a whole. Permanency services address the normative issues adoptive/guardian families face as well as the more significant issues that can arise when raising a child who has experienced a traumatic start in life.
Services available to families include:
- In-home adjusted parent education – identifying strengths and challenges, and developing plans that foster growth
- Consultation to treatment teams and advocacy – providing education support within schools and collaborating with treatment teams
- Referrals to community resources
- General adoption information
- Kinship placements support
- Lending library—available to all professionals and families
For more information or to learn more about Post Permanency,
contact us or call us 802.622.3230.